LingvoSoft English-Arabic Talking Dictionary 3.2.97
LingvoSoft English-Arabic Talking Dictionary Publisher's Description
LingvoSoft English Arabic Talking Dictionary for Palm OS provides bidirectional word translation and advanced speech synthesis.
Make your Palm speak English with LingvoSoft English Arabic Talking Bidirectional Dictionary! Just select any English word and with one click make the speech synthesizer pronounce it for you. The synthesizer (Text-to-Speech engine) is based on a new approach to speech synthesis, i.e. formant synthesis, which creates a human voice simulation by modeling the sounds of a natural language.
The new English Arabic dictionary is an extensive language resource. It features a searchable database of 400,000 words and phrases. Each entry is completed with part of speech information and several translation options for all polysemantic words.
This application is made to meet the highest expectations of quality and user-friendliness. It has enhanced fonts, spell-checker interface, documentation, and the installation wizard. To save some hassle for users of certain Palm devices, we have made the application to be executable from the Internal Card. Also, the database file can be placed on either the Internal or External Card.
A new keyboard is now built-in to facilitate easier typing, and high resolution support makes for superior readability. Screen rotation is supported as well. Efficient and effective, this dictionary is enjoyable at the same time!
The new software is a combination of ease-of-use and flexibility.
LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary for Palm OS has the following features:
- High resolution support.
- Improved keyboards for both languages.
- Tungsten T5 support.
- Switching between languages is easy: simply tap the pop-up trigger in the upper right corner and the direction of translation will change.
- Advanced English speech synthesis. The function is built on the TTS (Text-to-Speech) technology.
- Enhanced linguistic database.
- MorphoFinder function helps you find source words (headwords) for English past participles, gerunds, plural forms, and adjective forms.
- Spell-checker Vector Ultima allows you to enter words as you hear them and choose a spelling from the list of suggestions.
- Spellchecker for both languages.
- Entries complete with part of speech information and multiple word translations.
Look for Similar Items by Category